View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
It runs pretty deep. I got started as a Colts fan as a little kid in Baltimore in the 60s, but then grew up in Arizona in the 70s when there were no teams between Dallas and California (and the Colts only had a couple good years in the '70s). People in the southwest either loved the Cowboys or hated them. I hated them. Couldn't stand their all-American god and country schtick with Landry and Staubach leading the charge. I liked some of their outcasts, like Duane Thomas, but hated how they were treated.

And then after bouncing around for a few years (lived in the Seattle area and was a Seahawks fan in the Dave Kreig / Steve Largent era), we landed in the Philly area in '92 and gradually became Eagles fans. And around here, EVERYONE hates the Cowboys, it's pretty much required, so I fit right in - didn't need to get up to speed on that AT ALL! And the regional affiliation just fed the hate and let it run that much deeper.

There are two teams in the world I hate come hell or high water, good times or bad times. The Cowboys and the Yankees. There are other teams I hate briefly at times but I always get over it - it's just not that deep. That's how I feel about the Pats at the moment - I'm just fully sick of them. But soon enough they'll suck and I won't hold anything over from when they were great. But the Cowboys and Yankees are on a different level. I've more or less hated them since I was a kid and I'll probably go to my grave feeling that way. I'd rather see the Cowboys lose than the Eagles win - when both happen it's just too good to be true. And when we're in an opposite cycle, I lean into baseball and basketball...

-Ray
The Cowboys and the Yankees are both teams that are/have been the best teams MONEY COULD BUY. That is why both are hated.

With the Cowboys there was an
arrogance about them them that is just unsurpassed.
Rivalries are normal and bad mouthing your rivals, whoever they are, is what you would expect and I believe, normal.

Then there is the whole Texas thing. Texas, contrary to it's self opinion, does not do everything well. The Cowboys are part of this.

I am tired of the Pats. But their coach and QB are top notch. Fortunes change though. Next year... who knows?

In my very biased opinion the best team ever was the Lombardi era Green Bay Packers. A small market team where everybody on the the team was as much a super star in their position, as Brady is today.