View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
I own a Rainsong DR1000, which isnt a hybrid, but I have played the hybrids to some extent and I can offer a comparison.

I didn't personally like the hybrids. Compared to the full carbon model, I thought it lacked clarity. That is just personal preference though. But when I pick up a Rainsong, I have this sound idea in my head and the hybrid didn't live up. I prefer my Rainsongs to have a bright, clear sound. The hybrids were not as bright. Plus, they were much heavier and they didn't feel as comfortable to me.

With all of that said, they are still good guitars. For me it was kind of like picking up a strat and getting a Les Paul sound. Not that the LP sound is bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting.

I am curious about how the hybrids stand up to the elements. I live in FL and that is what I love about the Rainsong. But, I do think I will soon be parting with it.
I agree that the hybrids are not as bright and clarity but to me may sound a bit more wood like character so in that end thay are pretty good. A warmer tone. I am not a huge fan of glass like tone-- I like them a bit warmer.