View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Hey guys,

I've owned my S-OM1100N2 for several months now and I absolutely love it. In my experience, I even think the Studio/satin models have a warmer sound than the hybrids (despite similar glass/cf hybrid construction).

I've become quite attached to this guitar, and it is my everyday guitar. I love that it just sits in its stand laughing at humidity and temperature changes. It is an impressively comfortable guitar to play, what with its super light weight and wonderful N2 neck. Fun is actually a great word for it, and I think this is why I always gravitate to it.

Sound-wise I am very happy. Although it does have a unique tonal signature compared to wood, it is so responsive and balanced I find it remarkable. And I find myself disappointed now in many a wood guitar I pick up at guitar center or elsewhere. It sounds best with the stock 80/20 Elixirs Nanos. It absolutely excels at strumming, and makes a great folk guitar. Also holds up pretty well to a capo up the neck, although it takes on a sweeter sound (like many guitars do when capoed).

A word on the N2 neck. Yes, it's a little bigger than many necks but very well designed. I have long thin hands and now that I've discovered the N2 neck I find Taylors difficult to play and Martins somewhat difficult.

I hope this helps. Ted (LA Guitar Sales) has great prices on these. And his custom OM is definitely worth a look.

JD
Rainsong S-OM1100N2