View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Thanks folks. I have filled the free version of SoundCloud, and have more to add. iTunes dumped all the music she had on there that was downloaded from CDs over the years. I'll take a second look at Apple Music to see how to find a way to load the multiple hours of music I've recorded, so she can have that music available at any time (not streaming).

I appreciate the suggestions.
I've been using iTunes for many years and a little disappointed at the change at Apple, but I get that having folks pay for streaming services is the current business model everyone is chasing. (Why I can't get Disney movies on Netflix anymore, and a thousand other slings and arrows...).

But, when the latest iOS was installed on my iPhone, it did not obliterate anything. The installed app is, indeed, called Music, but my library is still there. So, not sure what happened in your case. Now, I am running an older version of OS X (High Sierra) and it's still iTunes here, but that syncs just fine with the phone and updates the "Music" library OK. Of course, that's not a solution for online access, but anyone that was in the iTunes world shouldn't have lost music, from my experience, anyway.

You could always pay for a SoundCloud account, and let folks use the SoundCloud player app.