View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 11:37 PM

Default Scored a Cordoba C9... first nylon stringer

I've been a player for going on 20 years and have all steel stringers. For some years I have tended towards bigger strings and jazz.

Lately I've been pretty sore with tendonosis and even some nerve impingement in the elbow along with my cervical spine issues. I have my great grandmothers Carlos nylon here but it's old and in rough shape. Even so, I enjoy the lighter tension. So I decided to look for a nylon I can record and possibly gig with.

Scored a C9 after looking at a Spruce C7 that was for 350 on Reverb(it's now 300 I think)

Saw the C9 cedar at 600, it dropped to 500 so I had to do it. Scratch and dent new. Couldn't really pass it up.

Anyhow, I am hoping to work on my reading and finger picking for a while away from steel strings.

The Carlos has high action, and almost no saddle left above the bridge. The frets have some issues, and the fretboard actually seems concave and not flat. So I am looking forward to this new guitar.

So what do I try to play first on it?

Also, I see a lot of threads suggesting higher tension strings which I may try, but I think I'll go normal tension first.