Thread: Hendrix G chord
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
Thumb on low E on 3rd fret, first finger barring strings 1 and 2 on 3rd fret, middle finger on 3rd string on 4th fret, ring finger on 4th an 5th strings on 5th fret.
OK.
That obviously needs fingers fat enough to hold 2 strings at once, which is not a problem on a narrow enough neck.
I have quite slim fingers (probably average length for a man), and can do it easily enough on my Tele.
I don't have a Strat, but my Guild has a similar nut width to a Strat (42mm) and it's tricky on that - but then of course I'd use my pinky on 4th string, which means I don't have it spare for any embellishment of the chord.

IOW, wrapping the thumb is not the problem - that's a standard cheat for the barre shape (lots of people do that - can't everyone?). I can fret the 6th with my thumb on wider necks than that. Admittedly it's harder then to get both the top B and E with my index (easier to mute top E). Like I say, my fingers are not unusually long at all (smaller than some men's); but they are thinnish, I don't know if that makes it easier.

Last edited by JonPR; 01-22-2019 at 05:46 PM.