View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Charter Member

Smile Plugin Alliance

A great alternative to the UA plugins, without being dependent on UA hardware, is Plugin Alliance: https://www.plugin-alliance.com
UA and PA actually sell some of the same plugins from Brainworx, Elysia and others. Plugin Alliance is always running sales and rewards their good customers with free monthly vouchers. They are definitely less expensive than UA. There have been many months where between the 75% off sale and my free $50 monthly voucher that I got premium plugins for free. Like UA, you have to be patient and wait for the plugins you want to go on sale.

I used to own UAD quad and octo PCIe cards but had technical issues when I upgraded to Windows 8. I had the worst technical support experience of my life with UA, to the point I decided to sell all my UAD hardware and plugins at a big loss. I owned 30 or more UAD plugins, and honestly feel the PA plugins are of the same quality. Each site/company offers plugins unique to them, but both have a great variety. I am definitely not knocking the quality of the plugins from UA, just the lack of support and unprofessionalism I personally experienced from their company.

You even get six free plugins for free when you create a new, free account at PA. I am not affiliated with PA, just a happy customer.

Another good site that I have purchased from is: https://plugindiscounts.com. I got Izotope updates for less than buying directly through Izotope, even when Izotope was running a sale.

2020 Kraut 00, Swiss/Brazilian, build
2018 Eady EG Pro Electric, Redwood/Mahogany
2013 Baranik Meridian, Blue Spruce/Cocobolo, build
2008 Baranik CX, Blue Spruce/African Blackwood
2008 Breedlove A20 Masterclass 12-string, Adi/IRW
2003 Thames classical, Euro/Brazilian
Fodera Standard 4 Fretless bass, figured walnut

Last edited by Cocobolo Kid; 11-28-2018 at 10:41 AM.