View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 08:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJI View Post
You certainly have a tough decision here!
Thanks Josh! Looking forward to seeing your Halland come together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
As for wood choice, you already know what gets my vote. Actually, scratch that - go for something else so Karan can save that one for me
Dan, the Ghamar is available for you!

Here are my thoughts on my back choice of woods. I was really wanting to try the Ghamar wood which had beautiful color and amazing figure. It looked like master grade Koa and when tapped, it was much more resonant. But again, I am drawn back to the overtones that a great Rosewood guitar will bring.

I was really on the fence between my final rosewood choices and was about 50/50 between the two. The straight grain really reminds me of some of the very nice old growth Brazilian sets I've seen. I absolutely love the darker lines that are really sharp and are sure to POP under finish!

The figured set is something very unique for your typical Indian Rosewood. The majority of Indian Rosewood guitars that I see have very straight grain. With such a special project, I wanted a set that was both interesting an unique.

At the end of the day, I don't think I could go wrong with the choices, but for this build, I'm happy that I'm going with the straight grain! I'm a sucker for good braz and this old growth piece reminds of of it!

The good news is that if you are interested in a Bigfoot guitar, then the other wood options are available for you!

Picture of back without backstrip:

Picture of back with backstrip:

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D