View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey#1 View Post
The Epiphone says Special Model and Les Paul Special-II. It's a blue one.

The Fender amp says Mustang I on it. It's 20 watts.

That work?
If you're diligent in your practice routine you're going to outgrow this combination very quickly. While a modeling amp can be a handy little toy for home recording/noodling - when you want to sound like Slash or Carlos Santana just by pushing a button (very impressive to the middle-school crowd) - IME the QC on the more-recent Chinese/Indonesian low- to mid-line Epiphones lags behind its direct market competitors, doesn't begin to approach their Korean-made instruments from the '90s/early-2K's, and requires a fairly-substantial investment in a good professional setup job to bring things into the realm of usability (money which, ironically, could have been channeled into a better instrument from the get-go). Speaking as a former teacher with 40+ years' experience I've seen too many students handicap their own progress with a poor-quality guitar bought in haste, sometimes to the point of giving up altogether; if you have return privileges I'd personally recommend you get your money back, be patient, save up a few more bucks, do a bunch of research, and buy right the first time - you'll never regret investing the extra bucks in a better-quality setup...

Best of luck...