Thread: Da Capo 75
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb View Post
willymartin, I am anxiously waiting for your thoughts on the DC75....
een if just first impressions. Thanks.
I really hate to give a negative review on such a highly touted piece of gear... Tangent...A buddy of mine's band was once doing a show and they were playing through the house PA which were two Bose L1M2B2 units. They are a big, heavy folk rock band and the Bose sounded fine (little thin) in the audience but they hated it.... I went into the green room during a set break and their irate lead guitar player angrily said "the only reason people like those Bose sticks are because they paid so much money for them!" I owned an l1m2 and disagreed with him...I think they are great if they are used properly and what they were designed for.

Anyway... Sorry... obviously I am not instantly in love with the dc75....my initial thoughts were...it sounded very similarl to when you plug an acoustic straight into a good PA speaker without messing with much eq, a little boxy and harsh... I've already given the unit many hours of time, depressing the "tone" knob for the first time last night has peaked my interest and provided some enthusiasm for tonight's practice. Vocals sound very similar to any time I have tried to sing through an amp better than many but not nearly as good as the Genzler or S1pro. I knew before my purchase that this unit is touted for its clean, uncolored tone...the purists amp. Well, I am no purist but have already decided to keep past any return period and get used to it/color it until I'm happy because of its perfect size and because, well, "I paid so much for it." 😉 (I need to unplug the unit from the AB box and stop comparing it to the Genzler and give it more alone time..)