View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCousins View Post
Ability should never be a barrier or reason not to invest in a quality musical instrument IMHO. Not only are these instruments heirlooms, but also inspire you to play more and get better because they are so good. ;-)

I am not great player, bit of strumming picking but too many bad habits ingrained over to many years mean I am early intermediate at best, but cant read music and so advancing when you are in your 50s has been more difficult - but this acquisition will hopefully see me making more time for practice ad learning new techniques - and hopefully sounding better

I was lucky enough to order a few years ago, and also provide my own woods for back and sides which helped with cost, but I also recognise its not a 'small' investment and i did have to plan/save for several years... If you break it down over 3 years waiting, its actually around £7 a day which was doable... but meant a few daily sacrifices and less visits to coffee shops and pubs ;-)
My biggest fear would be to spend all that money and invest all that anticipation and then, once the guitar was here, end up thinking "Actually... it hasn't really made any difference."

As it is, I have two Lowdens hanging on the wall so it's not like I'm denying myself access to quality instruments.