View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
I kind of wish I'd got one of Rory's guitars a few years back when they were half the price and the waiting list for a build slot wasn't so long. Not sure my ability justifies the cost though.
Ability should never be a barrier or reason not to invest in a quality musical instrument IMHO. Not only are these instruments heirlooms, but also inspire you to play more and get better because they are so good. ;-)

I am not great player, bit of strumming picking but too many bad habits ingrained over to many years mean I am early intermediate at best, but cant read music and so advancing when you are in your 50s has been more difficult - but this acquisition will hopefully see me making more time for practice ad learning new techniques - and hopefully sounding better

I was lucky enough to order a few years ago, and also provide my own woods for back and sides which helped with cost, but I also recognise its not a 'small' investment and i did have to plan/save for several years... If you break it down over 3 years waiting, its actually around £7 a day which was doable... but meant a few daily sacrifices and less visits to coffee shops and pubs ;-)

Last edited by FrankCousins; 10-22-2021 at 04:07 AM.