Thread: Yamaha Stagepas
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie07 View Post
Thank you so much for your time and help on getting to know my yamaha stagepas 1k and how to get the best from it,
So just to recap, if I'm to use my own desk your saying to come out from L/R from my desk to TRS inputs on channel 3 of the yamaha, I presume using unbalanced or balanced Jack's, does if make a difference here??
and also your saying if I want more power to play with, to come out L/R from my desk xlr to xlr input channel 1 and channel 2 of the yamaha,
Then turn the master on both yamaha 1k''s to about
3 quarters way up and levels to about half way up hit the stereo button, and just use my desk as I normally would,
I suppose it would make more sense to use channels 1 and 2 on the yamaha stagepas XLR to XLR, funny thing also you should mention about eq, singing last night, I actually found it better at speech setting, I suppose it's different for everyone and for effect I use echo not on full but sweeping into it a little sounded just right, now today I'll hook up my desk and try your methods and report back, well I don't have to worry about this weekend just got cancelled due to rise in covid cases, thanks for all your help, I know also this will be of help to all who buys the yamaha stagepas 1k system, I'd say it takes a bit of getting use to especially the editor app, but once mastered, it will be hard to find something to beat this system for the price range
You got it! The channel 3 inputs will give you the ability to mix in stereo (and yes, either balanced or unbalanced will be fine). With using the XLR and channels 1 and 2, I'm not 100% sure you'd get the stereo effect if that's what you're going for. It (stereo separation) may work, but I'm not sure.
As for the Master volume, yeah set it wherever you feel comfortable with the volume. I usually go 12 o'clock when using a mixer, and 3/4 or fully up when stand alone.

Speech on the main eq (Music Mode) was a must in a large hall/church I played in with a full band. It's still possible to get decent bass with that setting if you shape the individual channel eq to the mid scoop setting.
Glad you're enjoying it. I know mine isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Last outdoor gig my band used the 1k as our monitor with 4000watts going to FOH. It worked great for everyone except our drummer who was right next to our one guitar player's amp and the bass on the backline.

Cheers.