Thread: "Apartment" amp
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 07:29 AM

Default Mustang Micro + Bluetooth Speaker w/AUX input

I have two Mustang Micros. One at home and one in my main gig bag. I use them live direct to the PA, and at home into the AUX input of a Klipsch Groove or Bose Revolve+. The Groove II sounds better as I think the Bose has compression to protect its driver which makes the pick attack feel a little off. This is not perceptible if someone else is playing through that setup.

The Groove II and Mustang Micro fit in the pocket of my guitar gig bags, which is handy for jamming at acoustic guitar levels.

My only gripe with the Mustang is I can hear the noise gate pumping up and down the white noise as I start and stop playing. I have a Tonemaster and it has a heat sink on a quad core PC class ARM CPU card. I imagine the tiny processor to run off a tiny battery in a Micro has give up something.

The Mustang Micro has a lot of utility, but I think modeling and inexpensive amps are pretty good these days and all of them will sound fine at home.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields