View Single Post
Old 11-22-2015, 07:58 AM
*mahoganut*

I follow this thread not as a moderator, but because I had an interest in the OF660, and then bought one - so the thread is on my "subscribed" list.

However, I am a moderator, so when the comments get personal beyond a point I have to step in. Comments and opinions about guitars are welcome (and the purpose of the forum); comments and opinions about other members are not. The old distinction between "I" and "you" works here - "I like this" works... "you [anything]" generally doesn't.

In each post in the upper right corner is a small white red-bordered triangle with an exclamation point in it. Clicking on that triangle opens a short dialogue box which will send a note to all the moderators. If someone is getting a bit out of line please do report it and we'll have a chat.

Most of our members are very respectful of each other. We try to admonish those who are not as quickly as possible. I still think this is one of the most civil and friendly places on the internet.

So - I had some choices. There were quite a few posts relating to the spat. I edited what I could, I deleted what I had to, and I encourage all to get back to the topic. I really don't want to close or delete this thread due to it going off the rails or down a rabbit hole.

If you don't like what I've done please PM me. PMs are the best place to conduct personal conversations. And if you cannot resolve interactions with a given member, there is an "ignore" function in your profile and you will not see PMs nor posts from a member you list there.

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Phil