Thread: Dazzos!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancebo View Post
I believe Teddy has the correct installation video up on you tube but I haven’t checked in awhile.

Start with a low E string tuned. Place the sensor that is postitukned in between the low E and A string. Once placed in its approximate position, compare the unplugged sound to the plugged in sound and try to make them similar. I go for a somewhat brighter sound because the sound will warm up as the epoxy hardens. When the glue is still wet, you have a couple of minutes to move it around and make changes. Once that is hardened a bit, go to the hi E string and do the same process.
A couple of questions. First, have you ever had issues with the glue getting into the bridge pin holes? The Dazzo pickups seem to be very close to the bridge pins. In Teddy's installation video, they look to almost be touching the pins. I worry that once I press down, a bit of glue will get into the holes.

Second, I am assuming that if you install a pickup and notice that it's not quite right tonally, you simply back it off of the bridge pins a bit? I remember experimenting with the Amulet by moving the pickups towards the sound hole but often times I found the volume would just decrease with little to no improvements.