View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 11:15 PM

i usually keep quiet for these dave threads but after that million i've read on this board i'll speak up here. Who we all like and dislike is completely subjective. There are tons of acts that i don't care for at all but i let them be. my thoughts are just my opinions. I can see why people like acts and why people do not like acts. in the end i respect what everyone feels. As you all can see i like Dave and the DMB. there's no secret in that. 12/12/03 and 12/16/03 will be my 29th and 30th dave shows. so yes, i love this band's music and that wont' change.

To me, music is one of the things in life that is timeless. Musicians come and go but their music is something you cannot take away. It will always live on. I am currently a junior at VA Tech and i know most people here can relate w/ me when i say college is very very stressful. There is nothing in the world to me more fulfilling than coming home and just listening to a certain band for just 5 minutes to forget about life and the stresses that come with it. That to me is priceless. Dave's music has very positive messages (excluding a small handful of them ). I think it's a pretty safe thing to say that he is different from everything else out there. I can't name another act out there that reminds me of dave's style. One last thing i would say is the man and his band can absolutley bring it live. they tour so much and it's clear they enjoy doing it. It honestly doesn't seem to be just about money for them. they love music...and that's what i see on stage.

as for songs you could listen to............

a lot have been named but there are 4 that i think are absolutley masterpieces and should be listened to.

The Dreaming Tree
Spoon
JTR
Seek Up

thanks for reading yall and long live music!!!!

mark