View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad View Post
Thanks for sharing your video clip. I hear that it is a similar kind of thing in the background.

I did try that with the reverb after I read your input. I must say that the reverb did not affect the noise at all. However, taking the compression away certainly did reduce it a bit more.

Maybe the software effects cause problem in this respect. Perhaps using an external preamp/effect might be better (eg TC electronic G-natural or equivalent)?
I'm not surprised with the compression, glad it took care of some of it.

You might could try to record without any sort of external preamp? Just the guitar and the mic running into your interface with absolutely no effects at all. If you take away everything else is the sound still there?

Perhaps instead of looking at a bigger/better external preamp or even a software, maybe try recording dry and then experimenting with the completely dry recording to get where you want to be?

Like Doug said, compression is not your friend, so perhaps try stripping everything away, close mic'ing as Doug suggested, and then showing what your results are?

Formerly known as, "Will Kirk"