View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DupleMeter View Post
#1 doesn't bother me, as long as it's the same voice. I'm looking to hear the timbre of the mic & how it responds to the source. as long as the takes are similar. My problem with the single performance multiple mic setup is that only 1 mic can be in the ideal position (or sometimes none of them are)...and I'd much rather have each mic set to shine so I can hear what they're really capable of.
Interesting and I agree that especially with more than two mic's "the sweetspot" becomes problematic I guess my listening and retention are not refined enough to confidently distinguish between different takes

Quote:
#2 I agree with, but I just jump between the same part on different mics (making a note of the timecode). I tend to try to find a few different things to compare: a soft section, a loud section, a section that covers a lot of range (in note/frequency spectrum). From that I can get a sense of what the mic is doing.
Yes I do that also but it just strikes me that with the video editing tools readily available I just wish the editors would take time to create short comparative sections ... Or maybe I'm just yelling GET OFF my lawn

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4