View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mass View Post
Hey guys I have an issue and I need some assistance. I am a solo acoustic guy
And I have a Blackstar Acoustic 30 amp. It has separate channels for mic and guitar with eq for each and reverb and chorus for each as well. I just got a QSC CP 8 powered speaker and I was curious if I didn’t use a mixer and just used the Blackstar and the powered speaker for my solo shows would that work well or would I def need a mixer. I have been borrowing my buddies mixer mainly for reverb on my vocals but the Blackstar has that so I’m thinking use the amp as a monitor and keep it within reach for dial turning and use the powered speaker for the crowd. Or should I nix the amp and use a mixer.
Personal preference plays a big role here, and you absolutely should try it. The amp-to-PA route, with the amp as monitor, has been used by many folks quite happily. And as far as amps that handle both vocals and guitar are concerned, I've always been very happy with both, going through my Bugera AC60.

I'd *rather* have a mixer just because it provides more options, but keeping things as simple as possible has benefits too.

So give it a shot. It won't be a disaster, and either you'll love it, or find something lacking and take it from there.