View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
Hey Chris,

Yeah, you're right. Installation took a bit longer than anticipated. The saw runs on 240v which I had available but, then the issues began. Seems the circuit board that I have in my shop is from a company that went out of business a while ago. Apparently, they had circuit breaker issues that stuck and caused a lot of fires. They weren't real forth coming with the data. They were burning down about 2,000 houses a year. Sooo I had other things to worry about for awhile.

Yesterday I got it up and running. It's a Grizzly 22" 5hp saw that I'll use exclusively for resawing and straight cuts. It works wonderfully!

Mark
Electricity is a scary thing when done wrong. I do a lot of electrical work around my shop and home. I tend to over do things- just in case.

I'm glad to hear you've sorted things out and that your new "toy" is in place. It's great having a bandsaw set up for resaw/straight cuts and another for curves. I had that set-up for a long time. This year I sold one of my saws and got a bridgeport milling machine. I miss having 2 bandsaws, but I love having the ability to make precision tooling in house.