View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwphoto View Post
Thanks Louis,

I think I get what you're saying. Looks like all should work as planned.

Take care,

Frank
You're welcome. I'm sure that sdelsoray is correct about the terminology, but the main thing is that your proposed use is exactly in line with what these pieces of equipment are designed to work together and do.

FWIW, I use a similar unit, the Radial PZ-Pre to interface with both my combo amps and my PA system. For the PA system I use the DI outs of the Radial. For the amps (a Genz Benz Shenandoah ProLT, which has the same 1/4" inputs as your Shen, and a Fishman Loudbox Artist) I use the Radial's "amp out."

One question: the main reasons I use the PZ-Pre are 1) that it provides two input channels, so I can use two different guitars on stage and switch between them with my foot and, 2) so I can switch the pedals I put in the effects loop of the unit on and off, along with a boost, with one foot tap. If I didn't need these functions, I would simply go into the amps. The Shen 85 has a pretty nice feature set, including semi parametric mids, onboard effects, 3 different DI outputs, and an effects loop. Are you sure you need a a separate preamp/DI?

Louis