View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvl View Post
Actually it was called the High Sierra Guitar Mafia and included Michael Lewis and Randy Allen as well. The name was given to us by the legendary Joe Mac the west coast Martin rep at the time.

Lance and I were good friends of course, I convinced his wife (Dawn) a guy could actually make a living building guitars. He was working with me at Voyage Air when he died. A real shock since I'd seen him the afternoon before... and he was only a month older then me.

Richard, I remember well the night at Healdsburg when you, Thom Bresh, Buster B Jones, Lisa Carver and Roy Rogers were all playing either McCollum or Leach guitars! Still can't believe I didn't sell a guitar at that show...

Harv
Harvey...
I remember the festival well...you build amazing instruments...so many great builders in the day.
I don't keep up with that world much anymore...but I hope you are doing well.
Lance is missed by many. I remember how I found out about his passing...I called to see if he could build a guitar for a friend...Dawn answerd the phone...I havn't spoken with either one of them in several years...she said he had just passed the day before...she was so shaken...I did not know what to say. What a wonderful family he had. I stayed with them many times and they were always a joy to be around.I Hope they are doing well.