View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh-On-44yT0

This is a multiple part segment, but the point in question is at about minute 2:30.

Thinking further, I'll probably follow Rodger's plan and maybe just hit the soundboard footprint with a quick heat gun pass before mating. I'm just a bit nervous about missing the 'window' before the stuff starts to gel.
Thanks for that.

That is interesting. I struggle to get everything clamped up under 20 seconds. That includes putting glue on the bridge and the top and then clamping up REAL FAST.

He seems to take his time.

HHG is probably a lot stronger then most of us think it is.

But I have seen problems with gelling. When I join tops for example. I will heat the top joints with a heating gun then apply the HHG to just one side, rum the joint together and then clamp it up. I use wedges to squeeze the two halves together. Then I take the additional step of blowing hot air across the joint in a manor PonchoFrancisco suggested above. One time I forgot to heat the wood both before and after clamping and there was a marked glue line down the center seam. The only thing I could think of was that the glue gelled before I was able to clamp it. So I sawed that one off and joined it again remembering the heat and no problems.

My fear would be that gluing a bridge down like that would create a similar issue. But obviously it works.