View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 10:23 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Default SOLD: 2017 Martin Custom Shop OM VTS ADI/Guatemalan...**Super sweet!**

2017 Martin Custom Shop OM

I bought this guitar a short while ago during a splurge of buying and although it is an amazing representation of Martin's ability to build a high end instrument, I just frankly overspent. Additionally, it overlaps with another Martin I own that I have some sentimental attachment to.

From the former owner:
"The guitar has a mixture of Style 28 & 42 appointments. Ivoroid bindings, Herringbone Purfling and the back-strip are Style 28 features. While beautiful Abalone Rosette and Snowflake Inlays are Style 42 features. Premium VTS treated Adirondack Spruce over Guatemalan Rosewood has been the tone-wood combination of choice for many high-end Martin one-offs and limited edition guitars. The wood used on this guitar is beautifully figured, especially the Guatemalan Rosewood, which is a deep-red color straight-grain premium set. The guitar has opened up well, with a deep bass and sweet, lingering high end. The overtones are perfect, with a great sustain. Excellent to Mint condition. No scratches, cracks, dents or anything. To match with the Ivoroid Bindings on the guitar, I have upgraded the original tuners from Grover to Waverly with Ivoroid Buttons, which were a simple drop-in, zero modifications. Also, I upgraded the saddle to WAHI from Bob Colosi and Bridge pins to Walrus Jawbone from David Warther, which again are simple drop-ins. Of course, originals to all of these will be provided with the guitar, and is included in the asking price. You can drop the originals right back in under 10 mins, but I doubt you would want to, as I have spent extreme care and attention to set this guitar up for the best tone and playability possible."

A few particulars:

Body Size: 000-14 Fret (OM)
Top: Premium VTS Adirondack Spruce
Top Braces: Adirondack/Scalloped 1/4"/Golden Era OM #6A
Back and sides: Guatemalan Rosewood
Nut Material: Bone
Headplate: Guatemalan Rosewood
Scale Length: 25.4"
Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4"
Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/4"
Fingerboard Inlays: Style 42 Snowflakes (Beautiful Abalone)
Gloss finish stem to stern
Bridge Material: Ebony
Tuning Machines: Waverly Butterbean Tuners w/ Ivoroid Buttons
Bridge and End Pins: Fossil Walrus Jawbone
Pickguard: OM Teardrop / Black Handmade
Original Martin Case

I have the build sheet and retail for this guitar when it was built was over $9400

SOLD I'm open to reasonable offers and trades plus cash...no straight trades.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 02-25-2019 at 09:14 PM.