Thread: Sexauer/'15
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berf View Post
This sounds like another exceptional instrument you're having made iim7. Can I ask you and Bruce expect the effect will be of having a carved back as compared to a "usual" build?

All the best, Berf
I will let Bruce speak for himself, but I suspect that we're a bit off the map or at least near the edge (where dragons lie). I basically trust Bruce's mastery as a luthier to find the voice of a guitar and find a way to make a top and back work well together in harmony. I like exploring and trying different things. Perhaps being in R&D for 30-years will do that.

Like all of Bruce's guitars I expect it to be responsive and be balanced with good presence in all registers. Where I am hoping it will differ from my existing guitars is:

1) in its timbre: I think it will be a more fundamental dominant guitar, but still retain some overtones and harmonic content with a firm, present bass; clear, warm midrange with thick, articulate trebles;

2) in its immediacy: The notes should develop rapidly with fast transients and punch.

3) in its sustain: A general tendency towards a rapid decay, letting the notes get out of the way but not to the extent that a archtop does retaining some level of sustain.