View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmars View Post
Interesting that you had varying results from the 2 guitars with the same tuners? On mine, it is like guesswork to get them to get to pitch, no consistency about how much you turn em. And no feel to them like you are turning actual gears inside the enclosures, try 1/8th turn, nothing, 1/4 nothing, 1/16th no, micro touch more, then, all of a sudden the needle on the tuner jumps up a ton and you turn em back to start the process over. Ughh. They do hold a tune overnight very well in my living room, perfect tune today while sitting out on a stand overnight. That seems surprising for a brand new guitar still acclimating to new conditions, hoping that means it might be a stable guitar for travel and temp/humidity changes (?).

But, I also have great news to report that Epiphone is sending out a pickguard at no charge as the guitar had none included. And they are going to check on the specs for replacement tuners for an upgrade. I appreciate their great customer service, that means a lot to me and might make of break my decision to want to invest in new equipment.
My Olympic has sloppy tuners as well. Have you ever heard back from Epiphone regarding tuner replacements? I have 2 emails to Epiphone but havent heard back from them.