View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sventvkg View Post
Hey guys long time no see. I did 248 gigs this year I play full-time and I’m in an out of a lot of places. Right now I’m using a powered 12 EV on a pole with guitar going into an Aura 12, then zoom ME50 for EQ, Compression, Modulation into a TCHelicon Performer on my mic stage. I got rid of the footpedal because I thought this would be a smaller footprint any easier and it turns out it’s not. I’ve got the power cables mic cables and quarter inch cables going up and down my mic stand and it’s just a mess I hate it. Plus it still takes me just as long as it did before to set up and tear down.

The problem is is I have a sound exactly like I like it for my aggressive style with a lot of lead fills, I need that compression and being able to dial the EQ carve out frequencies, etc is key. But I’m sick of toting in my big tub with the paddleboard a bag for my mic stand and speaker stand this speaker my guitar fan Etc. This past week I’ve been just using my speaker with a mic in one input in my guitar direct into the other input with surprisingly good results it took a little getting used to for the dry sound but I love the simplicity of it.

Now what I’m looking for is a speaker that has the effect build them for my guitar some modulation a little bit of Reverb some EQ and compression. Something where I could just plug my aura pedal directly in from my guitar my mic right into another input and sound great. It’s got to be pretty powerful as I play outdoor on the beach so it’s gonna carry at least as much is the EV.

Only thing I found that exists that seems to have some of that minus the compression is the Line 6 speaker it even has their Variax acoustic that you can blend in which if it sounds decent I may even use in place of the Aura. I’m looking for ease of set up and simplicity hear it actually takes presidents over a perfect sound in this case. I have a lot of PA gear a lot of speakers already but none of them do what I’m looking for. Any suggestions would be welcome thanks gents.
After 50 + years of playing I have come to a few realizations .
The reality of playing to live audience is such that as long as your gear does not actually "sound awful" the obsession of getting that perfect sound only really matters to us personally , and can be is as much of an obstacle as a benefit......... THE THING THAT MATTERS to the audience is that the performance be BELIEVABLE.
I am basically retired from regular performance but today if I were gearing up for "the road" I would probably sell all the PA gear , Then get a Line 6 Stagesource L2t for small venues and get the matching L2m for larger and outdoor and a top dynamic mic like a Shure SM7 B or a Heil 30 or 40 for vocal ( or outboard Phantom power supply unit if you have a definite condenser you like ) plug the guitar with pickup straight in and call it good -- Guitar ,speaker and one mic DONE

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 12-26-2018 at 09:36 AM.