View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid! View Post
Very nice, man! You definitely aren't generating enough low end to need subs.

Your guitar sounds pretty compressed... could just be the recording though.

Have you tried the Tonedexter? I think if you get rid of that piezo quack, you might not feel the need to compress the guitar so much. The Tonedexter / Sunnaudio Stage DI combo has been killer for me. You're gonna need a set of studio headphones and a small diaphragm condenser mic, but once you get a few nice profiles saved, you'll be amazed at how much your live tone improves.

Loved the Desperado cover!
Yeah and some of those videos I may just be plugged directly the speaker. I have transcended my crazy search for the perfect acoustic tone days. Over 30 years I’ve gone through dozens of pick ups every kind of speaker and system that was out up until about 5 to 6 years ago and I obsessed about having my acoustic sound very natural and I did achieve that using three different pick ups a bunch of preamp’s microphones etc. These days for the kind of performer I’ve evolved into I want my acoustic to sound more compressed so it’s snaps back at me like a telecaster or strat for the style that I’m playing. I do a lot of lead type fills in between my rhythm playing and I do some flat out leads as well so that works for me.

And yes I did check out the Tone Dexter and it seems like an incredible unit step beyond the aura technology. But again I blend the Aura in 30 or 40% just to give some body but I kind a like that snappy compressed sound for the type of playing I do so ultimately it’s not something I really need right now I’m going for clear powerful simple affective fast set up and tear down. Most of my gigs are on the beach or outside I’m on the elements and in Florida rain can move in pretty quickly so I have to be able to strike the rig really fast! Those needs are my focus these days.