View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkey View Post
This reminds me of a conversation I had with my aunt when she was in her mid 80s. She said "I know I'm getting old but I feel like a little girl inside".
I remember My Mum telling me that.
Now I'm 14 years older than my Mum, and four years younger than my Dad. Weird isn't it?

In 2006, whilst holidaying on a remote Greek island, my arteries started blocking up. I felt terrible but didn't realise how serious it was, but we got back to the UK alright, and I had three stents fitted.

I remember looking at a strange man in the mirror and thinking - he's dying.
With help from the NHS and particularly the British Heart Foundation, I started a fitness regime which lasted for ten years.

There are videos on YouTube of me singing and playing in 2016 looking ... OK. I reckon I've aged ten years in the last two, but, hey, I'm over 40 lbs lighter, and go to the gym three times a week, I don't drink any more (can't taste it), my blood pressure is lower than it's been in 20 years, and we did our first paid gig in two years on Monday, so ....