View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:06 AM

Default New to this forum

Long winded intro.

I just came across this forum and liked it instantly. I'm a novice guitar player, been playing regularly for about 3 years and off and on (mostly off) for a few more. My instrument is a Takamine GS330s. I don't think I can add much to this forum other than to ask questions that others may benefit from. I play my own music, I don't know any others. I don't know the name of the chords I play, I picked up a chord book that showed finger placement and learned a few and went from there. I get a mental block when I try to play others music, I can't remember the tune. I've excepted my limitations and none the less enjoy the heck out of playing.

I've been playing around with home recording using my PC with Audacity and an AT2020 USB mic. I have an older version of Fruity Loops but haven't taken the time to master it.

For strings I usually buy Martin Marque Mediums. I wouldn't mind suggestions on other brands that are worth trying for better tone and feel.

I don't have electronics on my guitar but have toyed with the idea of adding a pickup and buying an acoustic amp for playing at home. Sometime down the line I'll be asking for advice.

Been using the search tool and have found lots of help already.