View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
You'd probably be better off with the updated version of the RC-3, the RC-5. Many retailers no longer have the phased-out RC-3 available. The Boss loopers do not include the wall wart power supply, so that's an extra cost to factor in.

Examine your actual looper use and what you need. Most important, many of the lower priced loopers use a single button, so be aware of that. There are a LOT of single button loopers gathering dust because folks buy them and then realize a single button looper is much more difficult to use, especially for those new to looping.

At that price point I'd purchase the ElectroHarmonix 720 looper. If you can pony up abit more the ElectroHarmonix 1440 is a very nice looper. It's the unit I presently own.
OP, be sure you pay attention to this. Be clear on what you want to do with it, and be sure what you buy matches that. For example, using a one-button looper live to capture/replay passages while you solo over them is practically impossible (at least for me) with a one-button looper. But for laying down sinple loops at home to practice over, they're fine.

I've used the Digitech JamMan live for years, with the external control footswitch, and it works great.