View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:08 AM
AGF Sponsor

With one guitar done to fill up the model selection at our shop, it's time to start the next guitar. Time doesn't stop rolling and neither can we. (Side note: we had a repair customer stop by the shop and he got to play the newly minted Bubinga CS. Doing work already. ) Our next "shop" guitar is a Redwood/E. Indian Rosewood FS with a cutaway. This is our 12 fretter fingerstyle model that may be one of the warmest sounding models on the planet. Lush and lyrical, it has always been a favorite of mine. The hope is that the Redwood provides some sparkle in the trebles while the EIR accentuates the warm aura this model produces. Here's what we started with:

Steve and I laid out the materials and wanted to get a clean, refined looking instrument when all was said and done since this may end up at Santa Barbara in September. The top - while not sinker - is rich and dark with only a hint of brightness near the edges. The EIR is uniform and that dark purple-y brown that says "Indian." We matched some Macassar Ebony bindings with white/black/white purfling to give it a more formal feel. We then thought a simple pearl rosette might keep it straight down the pipe and classy. Here's what the plates looked like after gluing them up.

I've got plenty more, but this is just a taste of what's coming. Thanks for following along in the thread. If you want, I'm trying to keep the first page updated as kind of a table of contents that you can use to find all the content from the thread. TGIF!

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas