View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the reply Rudy4!

I 100% understand what you're saying about dishes! The second the dishwasher is opened I must leave the entire floor. We only eat with paper plates and even then some sounds are difficult... like crispy breaded chicken scraping across a paper plate. Most kitchen sounds are pretty bad for me.

Granite countertops and ceramic tile countertops are atrocious to my ears. I'm planning on putting in a custom countertop made out of acacia wood. Oddly enough you can get big slabs of the stuff very cheap at big box stores. It's solid wood glued together in a butcher-block fashion. I did some tests just by banging a set of keys on the wood and it is substantially better than anything else I've found. The lady at Home Depot thought I was insane when I said I can't stand the sound of granite... LOL! She said she had never heard anyone say such a thing and was actually offended.

Thank you for the link to tinnitus Maskers. I'm going to try some of those out with my headphones. Currently I sleep with a box fan on full blast close to me. I can't sleep with headphones on as I just can't sleep on my back due to injuries, but I've been thinking about getting some in ear headphones like musicians use. Maybe I can sleep with those.

Maybe I can convince my wife to move right next to a roaring waterfall. Actually, that would require no convincing at all. She'd love it! The trouble would be making money there. Unfortunately I'm too young to retire, LOL.

Up to this point I haven't met one other person that has conditions like me. It's nice to know that life goes and that it can be enjoyable. Thank you for sharing, all the best!