View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:39 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Those are really gorgeous, Mark! I love my LS Redwood and I can see the same properties in the Tunnel RW. Question.....how do they track the provenance for the Tunnel 13 and 14 Redwood? With so many years in between, do sellers have a way to certify this wood? Obviously the physical appearance tells you this wood is special, but beyond that?
Thanks. That Lucky Strike is awesome wood and that was the wood that showed me how good Redwood actually could get. Given the one-time small scale of these Redwood offerings there just wouldn't be a formalized certification process. In the case of the tunnel woods, the source of the woods is small, so your dealing with the people that actually got the wood on site.

The Carter top sets are coded and numbered. I suppose someone along the way could forge the handwritten coding but, they would be hard pressed to find wood that would even begin to pass for the Carter woods, particularly the exceptional named trees.

“Let me make the songs of a nation, and I care not who makes its laws.”. Andrew Fletcher