View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 07:00 PM
Charter Member

I’m having a similar experience with my bone-stock X7 woody, bought about the same time. I played it along side my X20 for a couple weeks before leaving for three months with just the X7. And I haven’t once missed the X20 or wished I had another acoustic available to play. I rarely plug in, so that aspect of the X20 doesn’t matter to me. I like the spec neck of the X7 more than the X20 - it feels a little rounder and fatter. I’d have to say the only time I clearly prefer the X20 is on the rare occasion I play with a capo up around the 5th fret or higher - the shorter scale of the X7 starts to feel really crowded up there in a way the X20 doesn’t. But that’s not a neighborhood I spend much time in, so if I don’t find myself reaching for the X20 after I get home in March, it’ll probably find itself in the classifieds sooner than later. This X7 feels like a lifetime guitar...

I don’t name my guitars as a rule - I just call this one my guitar. I think Excalibur works well for yours... That’s a pretty identifiable symbol in that veneer. I just have a couple of eyes looking at me...

-Ray