Thread: F1 - Monza!!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
I think the beef that arose a little while back was related to the declaration of results in the thread title?
The title is obvious to anyone who reads the forum, whereas thread content is apparent only to those who enter it. And frankly, anyone who enters a sports thread not expecting to see the result is perhaps a bit supratentorially challenged?
Accordingly, I don't think there is any need to be coy about the race result etc. within a thread. Otherwise, what's the point?

So, the Hamilton/Max crash...

Cheers,
Steve
Well, now that the cat's out of the bag...

I think the stewards are biased, as many judges are, in reality. I'm thinking of Silverstone where Hamilton's front left tire hit Max's rear right, causing Max's huge crash. The stewards thought it was Lewis' corner to take (IIRC) even though he was barely alongside Max. In Monza, Max was pretty much fully alongside Ham (from what I saw on the video - if Max was not, he would not have ended up on top of, and in front of, Ham's car) but the stewards decided Max had no place being there, that he should have backed out. I'm with Max that Lewis did not give him a car's width of room, as the sporting rules dictate.

In the end, the FIA really needs to reconsider those sausage kerbs, they were the real cause of the incident. They, going by what we saw yesterday, are dangerous.

Last edited by Jeff Scott; 09-13-2021 at 11:52 AM.