Thread: F1 - Monza!!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
I'm aware that some won't get to watch this race for some time. All I'll say is DON'T MISS IT ! Something good from something bad. That's all I'll say.
I think the beef that arose a little while back was related to the declaration of results in the thread title?
The title is obvious to anyone who reads the forum, whereas thread content is apparent only to those who enter it. And frankly, anyone who enters a sports thread not expecting to see the result is perhaps a bit supratentorially challenged?
Accordingly, I don't think there is any need to be coy about the race result etc. within a thread. Otherwise, what's the point?

So, the Hamilton/Max crash reminded me of Schumacher/Hill and Schumacher/Villeneuve in the final races of 1994 and 1997 respectively, with Max = Schumacher.

I've seen plenty of crashes but that was particularly dangerous - Hamilton would have a broken cervical spine without the Halo, the neurological consequences of that, and possibly cranial fractures despite his helmet. It's saved people a fair few times now.

In any event, really delighted to see Danny Ric on the top step: Lovely to see a "shoey" again. I'd love him to be world champ but fear that time may have passed (noting that Mansell said the same of Button).

And, for once, Bottas had a great drive.

Cheers,
Steve