View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjohnson2900 View Post
I've read through this entire thread and I didn't happen to see an answer to this question: how important are two Direct Outs? I don't know much about running a soundboard or a PA but are two outs that big of deal? I've noticed that on the Acus or the Schertler's they only have one Direct Out. Do any of you feel strongly about having two Direct Out's? Also, the Rosette is the only amp that I've EVER seen that gives you the option of running the pre-mix or post-mix on the Direct Outs. Is that feature as cool or as useful as it seems?
This is a good question, and this feature comes out of some practical real world applications (that tend to be more on the pro side of the spectrum)

The most common application for pro touring use is to have the pre, dry channel DI's sent to the FOH console, where appropriate processing (eq, dynamics and effects) will be added to allow the instruments to sit well within the mix as well as fit the acoustic properties of the room. The post, wet mix output would more often be sent to the monitor console, where the player has already developed the voicing and effects and perhaps the mix of the two channels (if using a dual pick-up system) that works for him on the stage. Anything used in the monitors is then consistent with what the player is hearing on stage himself. This feature was first exploited in t his way on an amp model we designed that was used on the Eagles Fairwell series of tours, those amps were later used on Timothy B. Schmitt tours in much the same way.

Other uses are for recording, and possibly for rehearsing where another player might be trying to learn some guitar parts from another player and is using one dry channel as a reference.

It's really for flexibility, to allow for more options.