Thread: The Divorce
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:01 AM

Quite a story. I was divorced decades ago, and it went as well as something like that could. I have found, from knowing many guys who've gone through it, that the degree of pain and suffering is directly related to what kind of person you picked to marry in the first place. What a concept! So many blinded-by-love guys I've known just get married for all the wrong reasons - I'm sure we've all seen that. I have shaken many hands and said "congratulations" to a lot of guys I knew when my actual thoughts were "he must be crazy". Sometimes everyone in the room knows that two people are wrong for each other except the actual two people. It's a lot harder to find a decent, normal person, who, if things don't work out down the road, just takes her fair share and moves on with mutual respect. In my case, I was lucky. My ex knew that if she went for both alimony and child support (2 kids), I'd be destitute and there'd be years of bitterness and fighting over money. Instead, she opted for just the child support and we still have a cordial relationship to this day - she's a decent person and a great mother to my kids.