View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cri75! View Post
Hi folks,
I am a novice and I am studying primarily on nylon string guitars, so wide neck: 52mm (2.05 inch) or 50 mm (1.96 inches).
More or less a month ago I bought a pretty AMI Sigma guitar, it is an OM/OOO body with a 645mm (24.9 inches) scale length and 44.5mm (1 3/4) wide neck.
I love its sound, but I do not like the neck, is too thin and too narrow.... so now I am thinking to buy a guitar with the nut width of 46 mm (1 13/16 inch).
I have found a parlor guitar quite inexpensive (166 euro) that has 1 13/16 width nut, so I could try.
Maybe it is worth wait and buy a capo, tune the guitar half step-down and put the capo at the first fret, so I will have the nut width of 46mm (1 13/16 inch) and try if it suits me....maybe I can even leave the capo on permanently :-)
What do you suggest to me in this situation?
The optimum would be to buy a Furch with 00 body shape and 48mm (1.89 inches) neck width, but it is too expensive for now.
Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestion.
Have you considered getting a nice crossover? You get to play your preferred nylon strings, but with a 1-7/8" radiused fretboard and some of the other features more associated with steel string guitars.

I have a Cordoba Orchestra Fusion that's a great instrument and was around $600 with deluxe hardshell case when new.

There are a few other manufacturers making similar crossovers. Taylor now has the very inexpensive Academy series nylon. You can go up the food chain from there, i.e. Kenny Hill, etc.