View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 12:44 PM

Thanks to everyone for your replies so far. Obviously my desired budget isn't going to fit everything I'd like, but I'm willing to make concessions as necessary and add more money to the build - $750 isn't my breaking point, just a goal.

runamuck - $1,000 sounds great if I can get a reasonable build for that. I really don't use many plug-ins as it is (mostly out of necessity with my 2009 Macbook) but I can't imagine I would end up using much more than I currently do: EQ, compressor, reverb, and occasionally delay and chorus.

I'd like to eventually do some stuff with vocals and a midi keyboard, but for now it's just acoustic guitar from 2 SDCs, 1 LDC, and a hint of the K&K Trinity.

That website looks fantastic - did you start from one of the build guides? Which one, if so?

Cocobolo Kid - thanks for the encouragement and mag recommendation; I'm gonna look into that a bit more before I decide on anything final.

rick-slo - great thread. I'm going to be referring back to it as I go along. Thanks for posting your component list!

BT55 - thanks for the insight. Quick question regarding your statements about the onboard video and sound on a generic motherboard: I'm under the impression that I don't really need to upgrade either (at least on a decent motherboard), since I won't be doing much with video and will be going through my interface for all the audio stuff - is that right?

Check out my first original!
Facebook
Youtube