View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 07:44 AM

Default SOLD 2016 Greenfield G1 moon spruce Malaysian blackwood

Here is the mother-load from Greenfield guitars. I can tell you this is one of the best acoustics I have played and it pains me to let it go. This is a 2016 G1 dadgad fan-fret model and its a replica of the guitar he built for Tony McManus. I have attached a copy of the spec sheet so you can see all the options on this baby. Moon Spruce top and Malaysian blackwood back and sides. This is his most popular wood combo and its in near mint condition. Try to find a newer Greenfield like this. They don’t come up for sale often. The craftmenship is impeccable. It's very open and has breathtaking overtones that add a real lush character. I love how the notes sustain and sustain.
A new one like this would cost you about $24,500 with a long wait. This is a special guitar for a couple of reason besides the amazing tone and playability. It was used on Al Petteways recent CD “The Collectors Passion”. Al used it on 2 cuts(Rebeccas Waltz and Spindrift) which should tell you a lot about what he thought about this guitar. You can stream these tracks on iTunes or spotify and I will include a new sealed CD to the lucky buyer.

This guitar also shows up in Michaels video Making A guitar that’s on YouTube.
He was just finishing up this guitar when the video was shot so you can see it being set up right at he end.

The only modification to the guitar is the addition of a K&k pickup. Very non-invasive and did not change the acoustic tone . Sounds amazing plugged in by the way.
A few standard measurements:

Scale length 25.4’’
Body length 19.3/8’’
Lower bout 15.375’’
Upper bout 11.5’’
Depth 4.375’’

Selling for $19750 plus shipping and any fees.

Last edited by jazzbobh; 06-17-2020 at 07:26 PM.