View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 07:49 PM

Unhappy THE FRETTED FROG TO CLOSE DOWN BY THE END OF THE SUMMER

The rumor had it for a little while that The Fretted Frog was to close down ... It was not true until very recently.

To tell the truth, the store is not and has never been at the edge of going bankrupt, but it has been at the expense of my family life. It's time for me to swing back the priority to my wonderful wife and children and go back to France. The plan was set a while back and I worked the last 10 month to train a manager to be able to keep our operations going. She was a very talented salesperson doubled with good management skills.

Sadly she decided to follow another road at the very last minute. With limited time to react, I tried my best to find a solution before I have to move back to France in September. I learned today that my last option will no go through. With a couple of months left, I'm sad to say that I need to swing to full liquidation. So, yes, I have to confirm it: "another one bites the dust".

It's not farewell yet, we'll be operating until the end of the summer, so there won't be hard liquidation for another month or two, but all AGF members followers who can stop at the store will have priority on our instruments clearance. Or you can just stop and say goodbye, if you still can endure my French accent.

Thanks to all our wonderful customers and students who made it a fun ride, talking gear, music and even sometime politics. Thanks to all our suppliers, past and present, who trusted us with carrying their wonderful instruments. And of course, thanks to my wonderful team who have been all along the real asset of this store.

Not everything is on Reverb but a good part of our clearance sale is there:
https://reverb.com/shop/the-fretted-frog

Roland Belloir
Owner (not for long) of The Fretted Frog