View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
I know everyone has different tastes, but that is one guitar I would not get refinished!

Imagine, all the Claxton magic without the paranoia of scratching up a guitar that would cost thousands more if it were in near-mint condition. Mine is, and for all its beauty, I'm still a bit on edge whenever I handle it, which is an unwanted distraction from the music it allows me to make.

All of my guitars are great, but the Claxton is my desert island guitar.

Who knows, maybe this one could be yours?
Thanks Deft! This one is an incredible guitar and a steal of a price

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansHess View Post
Deft,

Thanks for your thoughts. I agree. It is nice to play a guitar without having to worry about getting it nicked and dinged.

The pictures appear to show a lot of scratches in the Koa. I am wondering if those are really there or is just the way the pictures were taken?

A Koa Claxton cutaway is on my dream list and this would appear to be a good opportunity to own one.

Thanks again.

Have a great day.
Its hard to get the scratches on the back in photos. I would assume if you see a scratch, that there would be a light one there.

As for refinishing, you could always get a luthier to touch it up here and there. Maybe a little sanding and buffing could get out some of the surface scratches. PM me if you want to chat more!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D