View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 AM

Default 2 annoying experiences in one day

Hi all. I hope you’re well. Just a bit of a rant.

I went to my local shop who has a pretty good selection of acoustics. They had a Recording King from 2011 that really spoke to me. However, new in 2011 it was $289. They were asking $395 for it. I sent them a link to a review mentioning the street price and said with all due respect I think the pricing was off. It was in good shape, but definitely not new. They said the best they’d do on the price was $295 with tax included(which works out to $277 before tax). It’s really irritating because I really liked the guitar, and while $295 isn’t that much money for a guitar that you really like, I just can’t reconcile basically paying new guitar money for a used piece. The plight of the cheapskate I suppose.

Also, I bought a used Tele at GC. I spoke with the guy on the floor(the GC wasn’t local to me). The guy was, as countless AGFers have said, condescending, and aside from talking to his manager about price, really unhelpful. I ended up buying it anyway because the price was good and the color was cool. Plus, if I don’t like it, I should be able to flip it without much, if any, money lost. Anyway, just another example of GC being GC.

Ok, rant over.

Fender Mexican Tele
Samick C4 Nylon
Mom's Mexican street vendor nylon, Pre 1970