View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 02:35 AM
Charter Member

Default Aloha Doug Young & Friends. HELP!

Aloha Doug Young & Friends.

I need some help. Well, it finally happened. After 30 years, the plastic, side-mounted clip on my AKG 416 internal hyper-cardioid condenser mic finally broke. And it's too far inside my guitar for these aging, useless hands to jury-rig, repair or work on any longer.

So, I just pulled the double-stick-taped, side mount off its position, leaving me with a rather long 1/4" wide gooseneck still attached to the stereo endpin, & still functional, but no way to mount to the original plastic. I taped it into a block of rigid, black foam at the 4 o'clock position inside the soundhole in the interim.

Doug, if I recall, you used to use clips to mount a DPA 4061 inside a guitar. Looking at the various clips out there it is confusing to know what would work, what the actual size is. So my friend, which small clips (or other choice) would you recommend for the many internal mini mic's you've installed/used over the years?

BTW: I love your beautiful arrangement, playing & exceptional recording of "I Will." Outstanding, Braddah Doug!

I like very much the way the C 416L hyper-cardioid mini mic sounds (combined with a K&K mini or Dazzo's) & I hope to continue using it. If I could simply use a couple of proportional clips attached to internal braces, clip the AKG's 1/4" gooseneck to it & call it a day, I would be most happy.

Does anyone else have any ideas for easily clipping an existing internal, long 1/4" gooseneck mic inside a guitar? Please be specific if you know of any brand or kind of clip that would work for that application, & where to get it.

Thanks 'RECORD' friends. I know that I can count on you.

Mahalo a nui,
alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 02-27-2021 at 02:56 AM.