View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 10:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean111music View Post
Ok Guys,

I have a new iMac which i think the camera is half decent but i'm teaching into the built in mic. (Not great) Any decent upgrades that would be worth it?

I may want to use a setup for youtube videos to record audio/video.

Any good options out there that will be a big jump up from what i have? I'll be mostly recording acoustic guitar and voice.

Connectivity (internet) My connection is good but i may upgrade to either a mesh wi fi system as my computer is quite far away from the router or get extender to stop it cutting out. (only happened a couple of times.

Mesh v Extender for skype lessons?

Thanks
Hi dean
For audio (live teaching or YouTube videos) you could use any mic you choose with a simple interface (either single or dual channel).

For teaching, LogiTech builds great USB powered cameras with a built in mic which are 1080p and work fine. I use mine for holding meetings online, and the mic is superior to the one built into the computer (I use an iMac or my Powerbook). The camera runs circles around the built-in camera.

I'm leary of some of the new-breed of cheaper ones which when you read reviews sometimes are manual-focus (not what you want for quick, easy video work).

There are a ton of ways to get from where you are to 'better-online-video' quality with both sound and video. Knowing your needs and budget, and how complex you are willing to be can help you determine the gear you need.

Hope you find the way to teach online which meets your and students' needs.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 03-26-2020 at 10:27 PM. Reason: re-wrote some of it