View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the responses. That phitz bag looks pretty wild! A distressed hula!!! Have been looking at the boulder. Sure would be nice to have a good bag made specifically for a 12 fret 0 size. Nice and tight.

The parlor does come with a great hard shell case. I think all Rainsongs do now. Space in our sailboat is fairly tight, so having a tight fitting gig bag makes things a little easier, including just sliding the guitar in and out of it.

I guess I'll just experiment with strings but you guys gave some good starting points.

btw, did not opt for the factory electronics. Having the preamp and battery are just another thing to decay in salt air and more control than I need or would use. Will probably have a simple K&K installed. Have one in my 000 and like it a lot. So I will be able to report on the K&K in a while. Am probably 3-4 weeks out to getting it.

Really curious to play this thing. After lots of study ordered a concert series and 12 fret as I think I'll like the sound better than the other options. And for the boat have to have the sharks! But was never able to play one so am just hoping for the best.
E-guitars: Turner Model 1, Fender Strat
Banjo: Gretsch
ukes: TK1, Harmony Smeck, banjo-uke