Thread: New Inuk Day
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
Never had heard of this before, very interesting for those of us who have not adapted well to the 5ths tuning of mandos. Too bad the price is $850.
Tuned like a guitar, but what are the actual notes its tuned too, being short scale? Interesting bridge - pinless, wondering how the strings will hold out passed through the eyes of the strings.
It is tuned to standard, EADGBE. I've also put it into open-g, DGDGBD. The strings are "Godin High Definition Inuk Steel" (2x .010, 2x .013. 2x .023, 2x .031, 2x .037, 1x .049) and are available on Amazon or directly through Godin for about $15USD, but Godin does package an extra set along with the Inuk at purchase.

I haven't examined the bridge closely enough to determine if it could take ball-end strings, but since there really isn't a source other than Godin, you would need to hack a set together, probably from two sets of extra light 6 strings. I have seen some YouTube videos of people who have modified it to take nylon strings.

As far as the price is concerned, you can probably negotiate with a dealer to drop it by at least $100, if not more.